Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving is OVER!

Last week was a busy week. On Thursday we went over to my parent’s house for dinner. We had planned on going over at noon and spending all day playing games and eating. Because I am the person that I am I wanted to make as many delicious things as I could. Of course I didn't want to make anything a day early to save my sanity so my husband and I spent all morning cooking. We didn't finish until noon and we both still had to get ready. We ended up getting to my parents at 1:45, 15 minutes before dinner started. It turned out wonderful though and everything was delicious! I didn't take any pictures but this is what Mike and I made.

Apple Pie (I used store bought crust which I will never use for pie again...GROSS!)
This is from last year with my own crust recipe. So much better!
Pumpkin Pie

These are the pies Mike made last year. They look the same just the different crust this year.
Cinnamon Rolls (this was the best! Mike's mom's recipe is the best!)
Empanadas (also used store bough pie dough and it turned out delicious)
Corn
There were many other delicious things on the menu. One of my favorites my brother and sister-in-law made stuffed mushrooms. The recipe is SO SIMPLE!
You take the stems out of mushrooms and hollow them out so all your left with is an empty cap. Then you mix cooked Collosimo's Sausage (taken out of the casing) and mix it with cream cheese (it would also be delicious to add some ptarmigan regiano cheese). Fill the mushroom caps and cook in the oven at 350.

On Saturday Mike and I went to dinner and Temple Square with his brother Rob and his kids. It was so much fun and reminded me of our wedding day. I love Temple Square during Christmas time. This led me to my next goal:







Burnie all bundled up for our walk around Temple Square


Goal # 3
Go to the temple once a month

Mike and I were able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple on Friday and it was wonderful. We were supposed to go with my family but our wires got crossed and we ended up at different temples. We got a laugh out of it because what other place in the world could you say "lets meet at the temple" and end up at two different temples. We are so blessed to have so many temples around us and we haven't been taking advantage of this great blessing.

  If you would like to find out more about The Church of Jesus Christ go to this website http://www.lds.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment