Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jewelry Frame

For years I have been packing all of my jewelry into boxes and placing them in a drawer or on a shelf. I was sick and tired of digging through all my jewelry to find what I wanted. So I asked my wonderful husband to make me a jewelry frame. I drew him a picture, went to Home Depot with him to get the supplies and he made it for me. It turned out wonderful!! If you would like to see my another adorable jewelry holder follow this link. This is where I got inspired to have my husband make me one of my own.

Measurements: 2 feet tall and 3 feet long
(I could have gotten away with a 2x2 frame but I still love it.

Materials you will need:
10 feet of 4x1
6 feet of 2x1
1 roll of square chicken wire
3/4" hooks
hooks to hang it with
Acrilic Paint
Sandpaper
Dark Old English Polish

Tools:
Chop Saw (to cut the wood)
Staple gun (to staple the chicken wire to the frame)
Hammar
Drill

Painting:
I painted the entire frame black. Then to give it an antique look I took sandpaper and sanded the edges and corners until the wood was visible. Then I sanded the center part of the wood to give it some scratched texture (in some parts you could see through to the wood). Then I took the dark Old English and an old rag and wiped it all over the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment