Friday, August 10, 2012

We're Approved!!


For those of you who don't know Mike and I have been working with LDS Social Services to grow our family. We tried for over 3 years to have a family the old fashioned way and after lots of tears, money, and prayer we decided that there were people who were meant to come into our lives through adoption. Now the real waiting begins!
Ever since I was little I wanted to be a mommy. My favorite game to play with my friends was house...of course I always wanted to be the mom. When I was in high school I thought about the different careers that I could have and still be either a stay at home mom or a career where I could go back once my kids were a little older. It came down to interior design and teaching. I took an AP interior design class and volunteered at a local elementary school. I soon learned that interior design was not my thing and that I LOVED being around the cute, sponge-like children at the elementary school.
This has been one of the best and hardest experiences of my life. I am so grateful that I have Mike by my side through all of my challenges and even more so my Heavenly Father. I have come to know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. Thinking about my journey so far I wouldn't have changed a thing. I have been able to learn so much and meet so many wonderful and amazing people.
If you would like to know more about Mike and I click on our picture on the right side of our blog under "Hoping to Adopt" or click here to go to our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment