Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Goblins in a Valley?

 This summer we went to Goblin Valley and Grand Junction, CO on vacation with my brother and his family. It was a BLAST! I was learning and trying to do new things with my camera so I apologize now for the over exposed pictures.

On our trip we went to Grand Junction, CO. My cousin lives near there with his family. He was able to tell us a really cool hiking spot to something called "The Monument"
 There was this cool rock that had a tunnel in it. The kids had to explore... I was too scared there was going to be a giant spider inside that called this its home.

She is a country gal at heart.
                                     

On our way down to CO we stopped at Goblin Valley. This was my first time there and it was just about one of the coolest hikes I have ever been on. I can't wait to go back again! We did the hike up Little Wild Horse Canyon and then went to Goblin Valley.

Goblin Valley




Little Wild Horse Canyon.







The narrows were so much fun! There was one point where you had to turn sideways to get through. We had a ton of fun climbing walls and hiding in crevasses... when I say we, I mean mostly my niece and nephew. Mike and I joined in occasionally. Before you even enter the canyon you have to get up this one rock...it is pretty tricksy. Okay, okay, it was only tricksy for me. At one point I had three people telling me what to do and trying to pull me up and in the process got myself stuck. It was pretty awesome. I made it up finally without any pulling of pushing. It was a proud moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment