Monday, February 1, 2010

Warning!

So I hate cutting and measuring fabric and I hate hot glue (which I forgot). I wrote a while back that I was going to make this way cute craft...Well and did and it turned out better than I could have imagined. The only problem is, is that I cannot feel my fingers anymore because I have burned by hot glue so many times. Here is the Valentines Wreath I made tonight.
Didn't it turn out so cute?

There are a coupld of things that I had a hard time understanding in the instructions. Well I guess I understood fine I just needed to figure out how to do it right. I finished one side before I finally got what I should be doing. When you are rolling your roses keep your fingers a little distance apart.

You can change how far apart you have your fingers to change the look of the rose. When you finish rolling and gluing the end take the end of the piece in the center and the twist it to make the swirl spread apart.

Then pinch it.

And turn it upside down and glue in the center (where the swirl is) and also around the outside.

Then you are going to place it on the styrofoam heart.  Hold your fingers at the base and then stick one of your fingers in the middle to push the whole rose down. Keep your fingers like this until the glue cools down. (This is where I burnt my fingers)

Here are a coupld of close-ups of two roses. One used a longer piece of fabric than the other.


Once you are done with this step this is what your fingers are going to look like.

I spent as much time peeling glue off my fingers as I did actually doing the wreath. One thing that I thought of near the end was that I should have taken all of the pieces and one long side of the strip of fabric do a running stitch on my sewing machine and then gather it, spin it, and sew it into a rose. Then glue it on. It would have taken a little bit longer but I wouldn't have had burnt fingers, or had to peel glue off my fingers every minute. If you decide to make this wreath and gather the fabric let me know how it works out.

Here are a coupld more pictures of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment