Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Craft Project

So my sister-in-law is making my niece a blanket to go on her bed in her bedroom. She is going to make the same rag quilt that I showed you a couple of months back. She asked me if I would go to the fabric store to help her pick out fabric. Of course I said YES! So this weekend I went and my other niece from Denver who is becoming an avid sewer came as well. I ended up buying some material for a fag quilt that I will be making for a little boy and my niece Sydney decided to make a rag quilt as well. I am so excited for this quilt I am going to be making.
My husband says that the material isn't very "boyish" but I will show him when it is done.

Sydney chose the cutest fabric for her quilt! She is going to be quite the little crafter one day. She doesn't like flowers very much so we changed it to stars. Look at what a wonderful job she did choosing her fabric and sewing this square!

A frugal tip for all of you sewers out there. Most fabric stores have bags of fabric that is too small to be put on their remnant table. I bought this entire back of fabric for $1.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment