Saturday, January 23, 2010

Catching Fire


I stayed up until 2 a.m. last night finishing this bad boy. All I have to say is that if you haven't read the Hunger Games series you need to start! I loved this book! I thought it was a lot better than the first book. Usually I am disappointed in the second book because it is not as good but Catching Fire had so many unexpected twists I just couldn't put it down. The last book in the trilogy comes out August 24.
Good Reads Description
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.
61% of all readers gave this book 5 out of 5 stars
The overall rating of the book is 4.53 out of 5
Awards the book has won
An ALA Best Book for Young Adults (2010), Goodreads Choice Award for Favorite Book and Young Adult Series (2009)

1 comment:

  1. Reading is my hobby and when it's by the author of the famous Catching Fire, who would not want to read that book. Catching fire was a great book and it would always remain one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete