Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day Date

If you every have a chance to get down to Provo there are two places that you CAN NOT miss out on. The Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery and J-Dawgs. Today I had a test down at BYU and since I am never down there anymore my husband and I decided to take advantage of a couple of our favorite spots. Here is that master creator in front of his blessed shop Jason. (it has now been relocated to the shop right next door to accommodate all of the dawg lovers out there.)


Here is the old spot (still standing right next door)


And here is the delicious creation with all the toppings: beef or polish dog that has been cut crisscross and grilled to perfection, 1/4 of a large pickle, banana peppers, onions, sauerkraut, special sauce(this stuff is magic), and jalapeƱos all topped on a soft squishy warm bun. This is the best dog I have ever eaten in my life, and that is no exaggeration.


Next we travel to a little bake shop on the south end of Provo called The Sweet Tooth Fairy. I found this wonderful guiltless gorging spot while watching Rachael Ray. Every day on Rachael Ray's talk show they have a snack of the day and one day they featured The Sweet Tooth Fairy's cake bites (which are chocolate covered pieces of cake). I was so excited that something featured on one of my favorite shows was so close to home and that I could possible try there confections some day. Needless to say the next time I was in Provo I made a stop and met my new best cake friend.


The first time we went right before closing and they were cleaned out of all of there cupcakes. Today when we went it was early afternoon and they still had all of their freshly baked pieces of heaven just waiting for me to buy and devour. You will spend a pretty penny on these masterpieces but you will not be disappointed. Today on the way home my husband and I ate their strawberry shortcake cupcake. The mountain of frosting on top (which I usually scrape most of it off, but at this delectable spot there will be no scrapers because the frosting is not too sweet and so mouthwatering) was flavored from real strawberries. I turned to my husband and said two things "This frosting tastes just like a strawberry milkshake" and "If this is the cost of getting fat sign me up!" The cake is moist and a perfect platform for the variety of frostings and toppings pilled on top. Here are a few pictures from our stop at the STF.

In front is the Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake (yes you have not been decived that is a chocolate covered strawberry on top!)


This is their Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake


 
This is the Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake



Yes we couldn't decide which to try so we decided to get one of each and share here is our hawl (minus the two strawberry shortcake ones that were devoured on the car ride home).



I hope that you all have the priviledge to visit these two treasures of P Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment